Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hamilton Week Ten: Summary

While I may not be going into immigration law or psychology, I know that the lessons that I have learned in this class will help me relate to and understand many people in a more complete way. Having a well-developed cultural competency will allow me to interact with those I come into contact with during my career more smoothly, and the readings opened my eyes more fully to the struggles that immigrants and their families deal with on a daily basis.
Other students in my studio groan about having to sit through another sociology lecture or complain about the aplia homework they had to complete for their economics class. Listening to them made me so much more appreciative for my time at AMIS. Unlike them, I was fulfilling my general education requirements in a meaningful way, and knowing that my time and efforts were making a difference meant a lot. Going to visit with Jose did not feel like going to class. Helping the girl’s action team finish their movie about health was never something that I dreaded. It was fun, and I hope to see Jose again when I return next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment