Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Get to know you from lisa




Lisa’s Life Written and Who am I Culturally
• I grew up in a small to mid size town in Northeast TN (think anywhere U.S.A.). Although my parents are Appalachian and I guess technically I am too, I didn’t really live this day to day. I however learned early on to root for the underdog, respect differences, fight injustice, and recognize brilliance without formal education given my relatives (e.g., Granny-see photo).
• As soon as I could, I started traveling, living, working around the world. When my mom still cries about my departures, I promptly blame it on her and tell her it was all those books she introduced me to when I was little letting me know that there were other worlds out there!
• Fast forward, adopted my son from Guatemala, had Ella and my world was forever changed in the best way.
• Came to love beauty, art, hidden agendas (what goes unsaid by many), complexity
• Have always felt that I am here in this life to speak up, challenge the status quo, and work with others so that they too can know what I have come to know—that anything is possible and life is short.

No comments:

Post a Comment